Spectrum Indian Wells is a four-day contemporary art experience featuring top galleries, art publishers, and established studio artists from across the U.S. and around the world, along with Art Talks, special events, and curated projects.
The show will run March 16 to March 19 at the Renaissance Indian Wells Resort. Located throughout the show floor, the featured programs and exhibitions at Spectrum Indian Wells provide a dynamic experience for attendees to view and interact with site-specific works by leading international artists. UBS Financial Services returns this year as the show’s Presenting Sponsor.
A new addition this year is the show’s partnership with two local non-profits — Desert AIDS Project and Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Desert, to not only give back to the community but also incorporate the community into the lively art world of the Coachella Valley.
“We had such great support from the community last year that this year we wanted to figure out a way to incorporate them even more,” said Eric Smith, president and CEO of Redwood Media Group, which owns and operates Spectrum Indian Wells. “Desert AIDS Project and Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Desert are fantastic organizations that really care about the community, so we are excited to give back to them.”
March 18, has been designated as Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Desert Day at the show. Bigs will get to bring their Littles to the show for a “meet the artists” event, including lunch and an art session with the exhibiting artists. Bigs and Littles will get an up-close-and-personal experience with the artists and even create a piece of art to take home.
During the evening, Spectrum Indian Wells will host a reception for the Bigs, during which they will get a chance to socialize, have a glass of wine, and meet an international slate of artists and gallerists.
Finding Norma Jean by Niki J. Sands.
The Opening Night Preview Party March 16 will benefit Desert AIDS Project. Spectrum Indian Wells is supporting Desert AIDS Project with an exhibition booth at the show to represent the artists in their Art Gallery Program, which started in 2016 as part of the Personal Development and Wellness services they offer their clients.
The interactive programming at this year’s show includes:
• The Spotlight Artist Program: Collectors will get a focused look at several cutting-edge artists who will each be creating a site-specific exhibition. The chosen Spotlight Artists for Spectrum Indian Wells 2017 are Fabian Perez (Booth 313), Lisa Ashinoff (Booth 315), and Tom Boatright (208).
• The LaunchPad Program: Each year, an emerging, unrepresented artist is selected to create a site-specific exhibition at the show. This year’s LaunchPad Artist is Christopher Williams, who is part of the Desert AIDS Project Art Gallery (Booth 314).
• Meet the Artist sessions: Throughout each day of the show, attendees will get the rare chance to interact with participating artists, giving them the opportunity to learn about each artist’s inspiration, story, and medium. Some of these events also include live, on-site demonstrations.
• Art Labs: Spectrum Indian Wells features special curated projects by leading galleries, art institutions, and art collectives within the show. This year, the [PLATFORM] Artist of the Year Awards (Booth 414) will be a featured Art Lab, giving attendees the chance to vote for their favorite artwork from the 10 finalists on display. The process will culminate at Artexpo New York in April when the winner of the Popular Vote will be announced.
• Art Talks: Showgoers will get an inside look at the artistic experience by way of panel discussions, conversations, and provocative artistic discourse with leading artists, curators, designers, and art-industry professionals.
Above: Desert Diptych by Robin Raznick. Below: Bleeker Street by Lisa Ashinoff.
General admission tickets are $20 online and $30 at the door. Free general admission will be granted to anyone with a ticket to the BNP Paribas Open
Visit www.spectrum-indianwells.com for more information on Spectrum Indian Wells.
IF YOU GO:
Spectrum Indian Wells
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
44400 Indian Wells Lane
Indian Wells 92210
Opening Night Preview
Benefiting Desert AIDS Project
5-8 p.m. March 16
Open Show Days:
Noon to 8 p.m., March 17
Noon to 7 p.m. March 18
11 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 19
VIP Opening Night: $50 online | $60 at event
VIP Opening Night plus 3 Day Pass: $75 online| $85 at event
General Public: One-day pass $20 online | $30 at event
Three-day pass: $25 online | $35 at event
Student/Senior: One-day pass $10 online | $15 at event | Three-day pass $15 online | $20 at event
Children (up to age 15): Free
The post Spectrum Indian Wells Offers Interactive Experience appeared first on Palm Springs Life.